Table of Contents
- The focus of the book—and why people should not procrastinate reading it
Chapter 1. Is Procrastination a Way of Being or a Way of Doing?
- Reasons for procrastination
- Checklist – Procrastination thought probes
Chapter 2. Procrastination: To Do or Not to Do
- About procrastination: What is it? Who does it? Why and When?
- Procrastination personas
Chapter 3. Some Ties That Bind
- About success
- About failure
- About stress
- About self-regulation
Chapter 4. Procrastination and Child Development: Bridging Age Brackets among Young Children
Chapter 5. Procrastination and Child Development: Bridging Age Brackets among Older Children
Chapter 6. School Daze and Procrastination
- Struggling – Supporting stragglers
- Average → Bright – Activating avoiders and busting buts
- Gifted – Smart beginnings
Chapter 7. Procrastination and Perfectionism
- Feeling overwhelmed or concerned
Chapter 8. Can and Able—or Not?
- About potential
- Making changes and taking risks
Chapter 9. Children’s Daily Avoidance
- Little worries? Big worries?
- Messiness! Chores! Homework!
- A “head” start
Chapter 10. The Five “M”s
- Mastery orientation: Challenge!
- Mindset: The effect of effort on accomplishment and ability
- Metacognitive capacities: The importance of being reflective
- Motivation: Intentions, interest, goal-setting, and personal progress
- Meaningful relationships: What matters most?
Chapter 11. Thinking It Through and Resources, Too
- More practical strategies
- Success stories and tips from those in the know
- Directions for future reference
About the Author